Who doesn’t know the following situation? Sunday afternoon. Jogging pants and cuddly hair. A book in one hand, a tea in the other hand, lying in on the sofa letting the sun shine on your belly after a long week. But then it goes: 15 o’clock your cell phone rings. “Hey, hello! Long time, no see. I’m nearby and could be with you in a minute. Let’s have coffee. See ya!”
Okay, to me personally, this happened rather rarely, but I always had the following recipe hanging at the refrigerator door, which is prepared within a few minutes and for what you always have all the ingredients in the house. A great basic recipe which can be refined and altered according to your own ideas.
Ingredients (for a large plate / 16 pcs.)
300 g flour
250 g of sugar
180 g KULAU Organic Coconut Oil
250 ml soda (mineral water with carbonic acid)
2 packs vanilla sugar
1 pack of baking powder
3 eggs (for the vegan variant use egg substitute according to your personal preference)
500-600 g fruit of your choice
Add 5 tbsps of coconut chips to the dough
Dark chocolate, glaze (made from powdered sugar and lemon juice), hazelnut croquant, sliced almonds, KULAU Organic Coconut Sugar or what not for decorating
1. Preheat oven to 170 ° C and mix all ingredients except for the fruit in a bowl.
2. Wash the fruit (depending on the variety), peel and cut into small pieces. If it needs to be done very quickly, conserved fruit is also good. Just drip it and cut it if necessary.
3. Place the dough in a buttered baking pan or a baking pan with baking sheet on it and spread the fruit on the dough.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes in the oven on a medium rail until it is evenly golden brown.
5. Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool. Finally decorate with chocolate, glaze and / or sprinkles. Enjoy!
If you bake a vegan version of this cake, we would appreciate feedback how it turned out. We are always grateful for tips and tricks! Leave them in the comments. :)